Thursday 4 January 2018

Skills Audit

In secondary school I learnt the basics i.e
Moving into an empty space Characterisation ect
But in college I was introduced to a whole new approach of acting,I developed skills including breaking the forth wall and interacting with the audience.
I am able to adapt into my characters using Given circumstances and the Magic If technique by Stanavlaski.
Already I have made friends helping me on my journey,they and my teachers/tutor allow me to express my personality confidently,without feeling uncomfortable,I am so grateful to have met everyone on my course
Before this experience I never had the confidence to express myself through acting,I was never really excepted in my classes and I wasn't as confident as I am now,this course has allowed me to learn new skills aswell as bring up my confidence as a person
I really enjoyed working on the most recent production of "two gentleman of Verona"
My character silvia is protracted as a confident person & I believe I birtday ef tht characteristic well
These are a few skills I have learnt in my course:
Oral Communication Skills
Acting onstage has taught me  how to be comfortable speaking in front of large audiences, and the classes have given me additional experience talking to groups
Motivation and Commitment
Being involved in theatre productions and classes demands commitment and motivation.
Arriving on time is very essential
It shows your commitment as an actress
The Ability to Work Independently
In theatre, you're often assigned tasks that you must complete without supervision
This gains trust between the student and the teacher
It has taught me about independence as an actor
Getting on with the work without the support of an adult

Outside of college I have also experienced and developed many new skills.
The most memorable theatre production tht I watched was in the lyric theatre & it was a child's production of budgsy Malone
This production was amazing
The commitment of the young actors was very inspiring and it gave me more motivation on my journey as a young actress.
In college we get the chance to be involved in many workshops
My favourite workshop so far has been the Camden youth theatre workshop
We got a chance to focus on working around physical theatre and using the stage space.
We got given the chance to work with there company out side of college
And I took tht opportunity.
Working on this course I have revived a lot of feedback
The feedback I get the most is about my articulation
My pronousiation of words and letters
Which I need to improve on myself at home
Practicing younger twisters

Areas
One main area I feel like I could put more work into is my confidence
Although I am very comfortable on stage
My confidence isn't as good as I want it to be and I need to focus on working on that.
Currently I am looking at the drama schools I would like to go to
I have been researching the school silvia Young whic I am farmiliar with as I have done a lot of work and holiday lessions /classes with them.
I never really enjoyed theatre before but now I realise it's more than Shakespeare,
I am more aware of how to act in a theatre space and environment
Currently I am working on branding myself as a name creating my own business & working outside of the college

No comments:

Post a Comment