Thursday 4 January 2018

Progression routes

Before coming to this college I never thought of going to a drama university to study performing arts,however after looking at a few drama universities I realised there are many opportunities that come with going.
Drama unis offer you a wide amount of drama related courses. However drama courses slightly differ from those labeled as acting. Nevertheless many Universitys have an amazing variety of arts based degrees.
drama schools & Universitys
 provides you with an understanding of the histories, practices, theories & contents of drama, performance & theatre both balanced and supported by practical explorations, with a wide  of a range of performance techniques and the creation of live performance events.
Whilst researching online and looking at drama schools and unis I've found that many offer An engagement with the processes and practices of theatre developing  you as confident, versatile and exciting practitioners.
The drama schools And unis that have caught my eye are those in the rank of
 95% of students going into work or study .professions they enter include: acting, theatre choreography, TV production, events management and teaching at every level.
I've found out that many schools focus on different things I.e when I went to the Royal central school of drama I noticed that the graduates that have been the most successful tend to come out as creative writers
because the school offers you the opportunity to study Drama through practice and creative writing.
One of the most exciting things about drama school is the dynamic and creative community of students, artists and academics. I will meet a lot of students who aspire to work in today’s diverse theatre & production industry.
The main thing that troubles me  about drama and uni is the cost however there are alternative sources that provide funding.
Another con is the travel, although I am used to travelling to London,I have found many drama schools in the usa which fit my needs moving forward in the industry.
I know that some drama schools require either an audition with singing or singing through your the course,this may be a issue for some people as they may not be comfortable with singing or haven't been put in a position to do so.
After researching I realised that I feel as drama school is better fitted for me as they aim to develop the creative potential of individual further so that i can maximize their engagement with the huge variety of social and educational opportunities I will encounter & I also feel as they have a wider overview of theatre overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment