Thursday 4 January 2018

monologue


Whilst choosing  my monologue for this project  my first instinct was to perform my "Sarah kane" monologue from my audition into this college,to me this was an easy option and as my group were focused on the performance "Fog everywhere" I knew that the time we had to practice was limited,however I wanted to take a risk and use a monologue I was unfamiliar with.
I decided to choose a monologue from the children's hour.
This play is about a orphans home run by two women, Karen Wright and Martha Dobie. An angry student, Mary Tilford, runs away from the school and to avoid being sent back she tells her grandmother that the two woman are having a lesbian affair,the monologue o have chosen is in the climax of the affair as Martha explains her love for Karen.
This is unlike any monologue I have done before,although I have already showed my skills of the "folorn" emotion in the play of two gentleman of Verona.
Whilst performing this speech I used emotional memory from a previous experience in my life.
Feedback:
Very realistic piece,could see the characters story from my performance,good use of actions in performance,Connected with audience well through realism.

No comments:

Post a Comment