Wednesday 20 June 2018

unit 12- extended project,The government inspector

Lessom 1:
in this lesson we had to Identify a word tht fits with the character we were going to be in the play, the word I chose was confused,I chose this word because I believe that it fits with my character quite well as throughout the play my character portrays a unhinged persona.
Using this word we wee then told to walk around the drama studio, using the space.
I noticed that whilst doing this my body automatically embodied my characters mannerisms through my physical body. Leading with my legs I took long strides around the space showing confusion in my footsteps and also in my face, we were then told that we could interact with our peers whilst staying in character my first instinct as my character was to act  and we committed to the character,excessive helped us embodying the character,not actin from the neck up,helped me place the character showing where he leads(I led with legs)
-gives character personality(describe what personality(created an image)
Developing sympathy/empathy
-we were able to connect with other characters
-an inner response(meeting as two physical bodies
We then chose a word in a script tht deceives us-I chose silly(word given from the play write)-the difference is the word is not what we feel the character is,it's what word is given.
We chose a piece of music our character would listen to (humpty dumpy)move in the rythm of the music
Realate to character(as an actor it helps build the character
Went in groups of 3 to create a scene with the gestures-show how the charters connect with each other-then we took out two lines from the script and cheated a scene-as soon as we added text the gestures got weaker

We then connected with another group
To create an ensemble piece putting all the lines and gestures together,
We created a story line,with the movements,we found joy in the play,we realised it was very comedic,from the feedback we got it showed tht it was very pleasing to the audience
We over exaggerated the movements
Placing it at a high level(level 10)-buildup on energy


     
character journey-
Bobchnsky enters with dob informing the governor  about overhearing news about the inspector.
Bobchinsky and dobchinsky stay close beside one another making sure they both listen in on the govenor,
The characters become confused as they listen in on what seems to be a mysterious inspector
The finale end in a disaster as both characters come to a conclusion that there the reason for the fake inspectors appearance!


No comments:

Post a Comment