Tuesday 27 March 2018

Proposal unit 12

A review of progress and achievement through parts 1 and 2 of the course: (150 words minimum) This section provides you with an opportunity to reflect on, review and summarize your progress and achievements through the first 11 units, and the knowledge, skills and understanding you have acquired. What you know now, and what it means to you, compared with what you knew and could do before you started the course, and how this has influenced your choice of discipline or disciplines and your project proposal.  It also provides an opportunity for you to explain your reasons for choosing a particular discipline or disciplines and to outline both your immediate and longer-term aspirations

Throughout the last 11 units,I have progressed and learnt so much as an actress.
I have learnt how to contextualise a play to really get into understanding your characters wants and needs which I didn't know before and would normally act upon instinct when taking on a new role.
I am now able to confidently stay in role as my character having in mind stanivslaskis through line technique,whilst embodying my character.

Why I found the most interesting was
Brechts alienation technique,
making the familiar strange and by doing this you would provoke a social-critical audience response.
By using this technique I was able to create a unique atmosphere whilst involving political theatre.
This technique has helped me on my journey as an actress as it allows me to go out of my comfort zone and perform in an Ernest manor.

In this course I was lucky enough to get a chance working in a professional environment with a well known theatre company CPT,from this I was able to learn a scope of skills which I will apply in my further education whether I decide to go to drama school or university.


Project concept:
(Approx 200 words) This section provides an opportunity for you to clearly explain the concept and aims of your project, production or performance, the research and ideas that will support its development, what you anticipate producing, the levels and types of resources that you will need and an indication of the form in which you will complete and present your final realisation within the allocated timescale. This might include an indication of when and how you will use studios, equipment and other resources, how you will make use of tutorial and peer feedback and w

For our final project we are going to perform the play the government inspector.
I am playing Ptre dobchinsky a small landowner,
My character is glued alongside his brother ptre bobchinsky who is also a small landowner.
My first impressions of these two characters where tweedle Dee and tweedle dum.Both characters show a similar domina towards each other and both there intentions are strangely very alike.
After given the scripts I firstly analysed a production done on this piece.
I tried to create a posture for my character
Which will be hopefully represented in the performance.
Myself and Emily who plays bobchinsky came to a conclusion that both our reactions should b of a similar nature.
Our chat is quite back and forth and both characters are presented as quite childlike.

Over the Easter I will take it upon myself to perfect my characters voice as I believe the crakle time I add when my character is speaking chates more of a comical impact sticking with the theme of satire in the play.

Myself a bobchinskys costumes should be similar if not identical,with maybe a tiny clue to show that were not the same character.
The resources I think myself and Emily should really focus on is reasearchimg our characters as most of our characterisation is using our bodys to lead our character.

I am going to take on board stanivslaskis method of through line when playing my character deconstructing and analysing the text,however my character is portrayed to not think before he speaks.

The individual feedback I have revived mainly focuses on throwing my voice to the back of the stage,after recently adopting a new voice for my character Ido find it hard to throw my voice across the stage,this is something that I need to improve on.



Section 3

To selfevaluate myself I will:
perform watch Emily perform and really try to embody her body language,because in the play we are portrayed to have very similar traits,this will allow us both to
Create a comedic atmosphere for the audience.
Another way I will selfevaluate myself is to record myself when performing so I am able to visually critique myself and my performance.
My main aim of the performance is to entertain the audience aswell as putting into mind the idea of a forth wall.
By doing this I will be able to act confidently blindsiding the audience but playing off them at the same time
If I am able to do this I will have met my aim.It is beneficial to me that I embark on all the skills I have learnt in the past 11 units on this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment