Friday 21 April 2017

Section 1 (rationale)
Before this course I never knew or experienced what was really involved in being an actress and going into the acting industry
I never understood how to reenact realism
In my performances,I never understood the techniques that help my performances in the theatre to appeal more to an audience.
Now I learnt that acting on stage involves a lot physical theatre techniques and in this course I had the chance to learn these techniques through workshops working with a range of companies such  as Camden youth theatre,they taught us
There's more to acting beyond the Stanislavski techniques "the physco-physical approach to actor training"
My tutor has also taught us a lot of key techniques putting my focus towards the detail I.e uta havens technique of creating the forth wall in acting to sustaining realism this idea of keeping the forth wall has evolved in out final project
Reenacting different scenes sustaining realism by keeping the forth wall.
As an actress I will carry these techniques on my journey applying all the tactics I have learnt into the industry.
Section 2(Project concept)
Unlike the other projects this is the most interesting one to me
Blackout gives us a chance to apply all we have learnt into this performance.
I play a big part as a police man in this project and the one tho g I learnt from rob at this course is that research is key.
I studied the different ways to approach the ways of creating a character,also showing obvious to the audience my objective of the characters reference.
As the play is very flexible
Me and my group have so far managed to create a very abstract piece
Involving different techniques,theories and tactics we have learnt over the past months.
We involved everyone in the play as we believe we can all project the controversial themes involved in the piece I.e racism violence and love
A clear piece of movement involved in our piece was when we learnt physical theatre techniques with Camden youth theatre
Untiring and tiring laces,over exaggeration  the movement to overtake the idea of realism and show the audience clearly
The main goal in this play is to be inventive
For example in the second scene we have a split scene
Two class mates playing the same person
One in present one in future
This is very risky as we don't know if the audience will understand the concept straight away
The main goal i want  to achieve in this project is to make sure the audience understands the story well whilst maintains the dynamic we have created
Using the stage space as our redo use and the audience because in some scenes we break the forth wall,interacting with the audience for example
When Leonie is playing James she's acting to the audience and speaks to them aggressively,using sentences like "who's first then".
A barrier we have is that everyone is in to practice all the time
To overcome this we all split people's lines
So incase the person is absent at the time of the performance someone can take their lines.

Section 3(Evaluation)
To make sure I reflect and evaluate my work correctly I will look over the research I have done and make sure I have somehow adapted all of it in my piece,also whilst I'm practicing and devising I will put in the research and skills I know.
My blog work is key in showing evidence of the play and the project process
It shows some difficulties but the way we overcame them,looking back at what we have done is also a necessity,looking and viewing how we can improve the work we have already created.
Working with my other class mates so far on this project is interesting,it's interesting with makes effort and who comes up with ideas in our group.
We are all very strong minded in our group and sometimes people's egos disrupt the project process but to overcome it we all come to an agreement that no one is in charge and we all can put in ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment